Friday, November 12, 2010

Stains on new stainless steel?

I got a beautiful stainless steel pots %26amp; pans set for my wedding. I researched how to clean them, and in general it works, but I am having trouble with one. I cooked black beans in it - this required an overnight soak - then a draining of water - then a 2 hour slow cook. When I took the beans out of the pot, there were what I can only describe as ';bean juice stains';. I soaked it in warm soapy water and cleaned it gently with a cloth. When that didn't get all of the film and spots off (including a ';bean water ring'; around the edge), I did the other thing I was told to do - I boiled it in a vinegar/water solution, let it cool, then used some elbow grease and more vinegar. While it looks better, it still doesn't look ';shiny and new';, and I am told this is possible. Any solutions out there?Stains on new stainless steel?
Try ';Bar Keepers Friend'; Cleanser %26amp; Polish...It happened the same thing to me a year ago; believe me, it WORKS.Stains on new stainless steel?
Hmmm. Sounds like you pots %26amp; pans may actually be made of aluminum. Bean juice should not have stained stainless steel. At any rate, try simmering a solution of TSP in water for about 30 minutes. You can get TSP at any hardware or paint store. Read and follow label directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment