Sunday, November 14, 2010

Roasting Pan...?

I am trying to select a roasting pan for my wedding registry. I have come across two different types. Stainless steel and anodized non-stick. I'm not really sure which one to pick. Can anyone tell me the differences in cooking with each and how well they hold up over time?Roasting Pan...?
Stainless steel stands the test of time. If you can find a stainless roasting pan that has an aluminum core, it will cook even better.

Any type of non-stick pans do contain dangerous chemicals which are released at high temperatures (like roasting, or frying a steak). They are only safe for a low-heat saute, if that. I dont know why there is not more regulation or information about this in the public realm.Roasting Pan...?
stainless steel is the best metal and will last a lot longer and wont scratch as easily
I would go with the stainless steel. it will not rust, and they're pretty easy to clean. Often times with the anodized not stick the coating fals off after a couple of uses, and ends up in the food.
stainless, like everyone else has said the coating comes off the other one (you should see the chippage I've got going on w/ mine)



You can easily prevent sticking on stainless steel and the wear and tear on those jokers are nice.



My advice get HEAVY pans and cookie sheets it's well worth the extra money involved and on ur registry it's even better if someone buys it for you!! haha
Always go stainless steel. you can always line the pan with something
I would go with stainless steel. I have an all-clad and I absolutely love it. Just soak it well and use 'Bar-Keeper's Friend' to clean the pan. Bar-Keeper's Friend is a special cleaner for stainless steel products you can buy at Bed, Bath %26amp; Beyond or Williams Sonoma.
I love All-Clad stainless steel roasting pan. It lasts forever and easy to clean.
stainless steel and/or the old style metal blue roasting pans will outlast the non-stick pan and you can spray the pan with a spray like 'Pam' so that food won't stick.

btw, never spray any of your non-stick coated pans with Pam or any sprays of that type as it will gum up the finish and eventually ruin the pan completely.

make sure your all your pots and pans has riveted handles as opposed to the ones with screwed on handles as they will last far longer without the handles coming loose!

happy wedding!
Stainless steel will last forever. I'm using my mom's ss turkey roaster which she probably used for decades! So I'd choose a stainless steel big one, then maybe other smaller non-stick roasters (though for those I use enamel ones).
Cooking wise they are the same.



BUT



The stainless steel one will be harder to clean but will last the distance %26amp; can go in the dishwasher.



The anodized non-stick will be easy to clean %26amp; if you look after it it will last years, don't put this one in the dishwasher even if it says you can as the harsh detergent will strip it, also don't use anything metal on it buy silicon utencils so it doesn't get scratched.

No comments:

Post a Comment