Friday, November 12, 2010

How do you clean a scorched stainless steel pan?

I just came in from work, put a heavy gage stainless steel, copper bottom pan on with a bit of oil to heat for dinner. My husband called with an emergency and I forgot the pan for about five minutes. By the time I got back to the pan it was scorched black and the oil caught fire as I rounded the corner. I put the fire out with salt since it was an oil fire and it now sits on the back steps waiting for the smoke to disapate.



HOW do I clean this? It is scorched BLACK. I'll admit I haven't gotten it to the sink yet since it is still hot but this is a new pan and I'd hate to think it is ruined. Any cleaning ideas? I've always cooked in cast iron so the stainles steel is a new experience. Advise please!How do you clean a scorched stainless steel pan?
I am so glad you ask. This is my favorite cleaning tip. Just put eclectic dish washing liquid in the pan. Add just a little hot water. Soak over night. Next day just a little brush and all gone.How do you clean a scorched stainless steel pan?
a couple denture tablets and hot water. let it soak.
I would suggest to put some baking soda and a bit of water in it and let it soak. Then scrub it. You can get non-scratch pads to scrub it with. Best of luck.
1) Baking soda w/ enough white or cider vinegar to make a paste. It will foam up at first. Let it soak for 30 minutes.



2) Dawn Power Dissolver. Link for product information: http://www.dawn-dish.com/sites/en_US/daw鈥?/a>
i wonder if oven cleaner would do it.
First, rinse it well outside with your garden hose. Use a sprayer and try to get a much off as you can.



If the denture cleaning tablets don't work, try a paste of cream and tarter, baking soda and water. Cover well and allow to sit for several hours. This may take several applications to get the hard residue off.



In your kitchen, place several small bowls of vinegar around the room. This will absorb the smoke smell. And wash everything (cabinet fronts, counters, floor, etc.) with vinegar and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment