Friday, November 12, 2010

How do you remove burned food off the bottom of a stainless steel pot?

I recently was attempting to cook rice on the stove, %26amp; got distracted by other things. So the rice burned to the bottom of the pot, leaving a nice solid black bottom with some lighter brown lines where some grains hadn't quite fully burned... anyway, I tried using Comet (my older brother suggested it) , %26amp; it's currently soaking in the sink with some dial soap. What cheap or around the house kind of product will work?? I assume that I'll have to get a wire like scrubby, but I don't know what else will help.



thanks!How do you remove burned food off the bottom of a stainless steel pot?
Cover the bottom with a layer of Baking Soda, and then add boiling water. Allow to soak, and then scrub. Learned this from my beautiful mother, and it has always worked for me. Hope it helps ;)How do you remove burned food off the bottom of a stainless steel pot?
Puy a layer of baking soda on the bottom. add small amounts of water till a paste the consistency of applesauce is acheived. get that nice and hot without burning it. then add as little water as you need for the mixture to be able to boil. It should work like magic
Put baking soda in the pot, add water, and start boiling it. Eventually, it will loosen up and be able to be scraped off more easily without damaging the stainless steel.
I belong to a cooking group and this question just came up. The consensus was to cover the burned on food with water and add a fabric softener sheet and allow to sit overnight. About 15 experienced cooks swear this works.
OK YOU GOTTA TRUST ME ON THIS ONE HERE THIS IS THE MOST GENTLE WAY OF DEALING WITH THE POT SO THAT YOU DONT END UP WITH SCRATCHES ON THE SURFACE WHICH IS BURNT JUST ADD A CUP OF VINEGAR TO THE BRUNT POT ALONG WITH SOME WATER NOW PUT THE POT ON THE STOVE AND BRING THE VINEGAR MIX TOA BOIL ONCE IT STARTS BOILING RAPIDLY LET IT COOL DOWN,ONCE IT REACHES ROOM TEMPRATURE DRAIN THE VINEGAR OUT AND NOW WITH A SCRUB PAD AND NORMAL DISHWASHING LIQUID CLEAN UP THE POT,AND VOILA NO SCRATCHES OR STAINS.
I allow to soak for awhile.

I use a metal pot scraper, then a scouring pad.

Repeat the process if needed.
Put in some washing liquid add water and put in on the stove to boil for 5 minutes.....den wash up...easy....
I've got two pots I was never able to get clean. Wash it... keep using it, black bottom and all. I don't cook often...
boil water in it and allow to soak.

No comments:

Post a Comment