Friday, November 12, 2010

How can you clean a stainless steel fridge?

I have a stainless steel fridge that I can't get clean, tried cooking oil, that worked for a little but dried and left a sticky residue, then I tried dish detergent, still nothing, finally resorted to stainless steel cleaner, still can't get the damn thing clean, it's loaded with finger marks and crap, any suggestions????How can you clean a stainless steel fridge?
Oh, I empathize with your situation. Only recently did I discover that all the oil-based products I tried were actually the problem. I talked to the manufacturer (Sub Zero), searched web sites, sought household experts and talked to friends. No suggestion got the fridge where I wanted it.



It took about a week of using a cloth dampened with water and a little dishwashing liquid, wiping with the grain, rinsing and drying -- once a day. It was definitely clean and the oily products finally came off completely. Now, I just wipe it with the cloth I use to clean the counters (stainless safe cleaner), then spray it with a window cleaner and wipe dry for the shine. (I use Mrs Meyers but I'm sure Windex works too.)



This just worked for me. Once I got all the awful junk off it looks great.How can you clean a stainless steel fridge?
The best and easiest is baking soda and ammonia mixed with a gallon of warm water. 2 cups of each to the gallon. Use paper towels for the outside top, sides, front and back. I also use it for cleaning all of the inside. It will amaze you for all the finger marks and smudges will come right off.

Then when the cleaning part is done I rinse it with a gallon of water and 2 cups white vinegar. The vinegar will kill the bacteria as well as take the cleaning residue off of all that you have cleaned. Dry each side as you go after the rinse and it will gleam and shine.

I've used these same solutions of to clean everything in my house and the same rinse solution. It seems to be the very best for putting that new look back into our house. The vinegar smell will dissipate in about an hour. I know you will be quite pleased because it cuts into grease stains so well and makes it down to the original surface.

Best of luck in all of your hard work.
First, leave the cooking oil in the cabinet - its not a cleanser. The dish detergent will work IF you first clean with a citrus based degreasing cleaner with a scrubber sponge and then rinse and dry the fridge. The stainless steel cleaners I've seen are a joke - they are more of a polish than anything else.



As far as the fingerprints, use some windex every couple of days.
First it's not stainless unless it's a commercial refrigerator. Most likely a residential type refrigerator is covered in aluminum. Use windex, and follow with paste wax and a polishing cloth.
Vim Kitchen cleaner. You just spray it on and wipe it off. It is best to use a micro fibre cloth. It doesn't need rinsing, but if you want to rinse, use vinegar and water.

EDIT: The proper name for it is ';Vim Power Cream Degreaser';
Try White vinegar. Water it down a little.
I had the same problem I tried loads of top brand cleaners and came across a stainless steel cleaner called ultimate40. At first it did not seem to work and I called them up. they explained that I have to apply a few coats in order to remove all the other product and oils I was trying, so i did and it worked.

Now it is spotless and I notice I don't have to clean it as often.

I also had a really bad stain which they gave me some powder called quickleen-s and this removed it.



http://www.steelcleaner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment