Friday, November 12, 2010

How can I get that darned black top stove clean?

I have an electric Kenmore cook stove. It is stainless steel siding with a black top. I can't find a way to keep that top from streaking when I clean it without a great deal of trouble. Is there a product or method out that that makes this an easy job?How can I get that darned black top stove clean?
I go over mine with Windex after using the regular old heavy duty cleaner. I also mop my hardwood floors with windex because everything else leaves streaks. REAL windex, too - the cheap alternatives don't work.How can I get that darned black top stove clean?
Soak a dish cloth in ammonia and place it over the stain then cover the cloth with some cling film to keep the moisture in. leave for as long as you can. (you have to eat sometime.) This will soften baked on food and make it easier to remove with a conventional cream cleaner and a scratchy pad. Loose, removable items can be placed in a black bin bag with a few splashes of ammonia. Leave over night and they will wash easily in the sink and look like new. Remember to keep you room well ventilated and always follow manufacturers instructions
I have a black smooth top stove too. I use a product called Cook Top to clean the messes off the stove. I buy this where I bought my stove. I found that soaking a rag and leaving on did not work for me. Make sure you do nothing to clean it till it is cold on top. I clean with this and a rag, then I wash it down with my dish cloth. If it streaks, you can dry it with a towel, or spray it with windex or green works all purpose cleaner. They are a lot of work aren't they? LOL
Is it the flat glass black stove top? If so use a razor blade, and no it will not scratch it as long as you keep the blade flat. That always gets everything right off of mine. Good luck
Harris Teeter sells an excellent spray cleaner for those stove tops. Windex also works.
I'm in ur boat to, I'd love to know the ans. to this, had mine for 21/2 yrs. and I'm still trying to figure this out. I'll be watching.
My grandma uses a stove de-greaser it works miracles... i think it has orange extract.

No comments:

Post a Comment