Friday, November 12, 2010

How do I keep stuff from sticking to a stainless steel pan ?

I received a high quality stainless steal pan for my birthday.



Now it seems I can't cook ! I've always done fine with regular non-stick, but my new one is really large, so I'd like to be able to use it. Only everything sticks ! I swear, if I tried to boil water in it, it would turn into a coagulated black mess. LOL



So how much oil / butter should I use ? Is there a prep step I'm not doing, like a cast iron pan that needs to be seasoned ? Is my heat too high, or too low ?



Help please ! Right now it's only use would be to bash robbers on the head with, seeing as how sturdy and heavy it is... LOLHow do I keep stuff from sticking to a stainless steel pan ?
Use Canola Oil or Olive Oil. Just enough to coat the cooking area. If you use Pam as stated above, it scorches and causes an ';oil residue'; when it is cooked on. It will then casue even worse sticking.How do I keep stuff from sticking to a stainless steel pan ?
Just use common sense, use as much oil as you need to cover the surface just enough to keep your meat from sticking. Don't add so much that it deep-fry's whatever you put in there. Oh and if you use butter be very careful not to burn it!!!



Try not to use the pam spray, it stinks and tastes bad.



If you want a healthier oil to use instead of vegetable oil, try using olive oil with meats.. just give it a good coating and it cooks great!
Use the spray... it is healthier than oil.



Cook small things on large pans and always keep it moving and respray between items.
Pam

Pam Butter flavor

Pam Garlic flavor

Pam Grill flavor

Pam Olive Oil flavor



Shake it up, be liberal but not too thick, don't spray it towards an open flame. Next time, but a couple non-stick pans (I like Calphalon).
Save it to simmer things like the spuds until you get used to it.



You indicate you boil things, little cooking cooking is done at the boil, in most cases you bring something to the boil then simmer.

That indicates your heat is too high.



After serving quickly scrape out the pan then amd allow to soak.



If it is a fry-pan it needs aa good dollop of oil or/and butter to stop things sticking, and constant attention whilst cooking
? ? ? reduce the heat . . ! !
Check the instructions again, maybe you missed a step. If all else fails, contact the manufacturer and explain your plight. They may have an answer or offer you a replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment