Sunday, November 14, 2010

Roasting Pans..?

I am trying to select a roasting pan for my wedding registry. I have come across two different types. Stainless steel and anodized non-stick. I'm not really sure which one to pick. Can anyone tell me the differences in cooking with each and how well they hold up over time?Roasting Pans..?
I have both, and I love both (one is bigger than the other, which is why I have two!) I worry a little less about how I clean and care for my stainless steel one, but keep in mind that shiny stainless steel looks great but does not conduct or hold heat as well as anodized...which is why I still tend to use my anodized one more. (it's Calphalon, by the way). If I had to recommend one over the other, I would recommend a hard-anodized one. Just make sure it's a high-quality one!Roasting Pans..?
Pick the stainless steel model.

It will last you a life time.

My 40 year old stainless steel pots and pans look brand new.

Don't go for the anodized non-stick, because ALL non-stick coatings eventually peel and end up in your food. Yuck

Congrats on your upcoming Wedding.
I would go with the stainless steel, for durability.
I'd go with the stainless, too. You will probably line the roaster with foil, anyway, so the nonstick is just kind of a nice to have feature.
If its MORE formal use anodized but if its just a plain old get together stainless steel

No comments:

Post a Comment