Friday, November 12, 2010

Books on helping how to describe houses, physical appearance and etc.?

Do you know where I can buy a book that can help me how describe physical appearance, house furnitures, weather, feelings, andsuch into writing? It would be so much better if I can learn it online (for free). If not, it's okay. I really want to better my writing and I'm not..experienced enough to describe physical apperance and fancy house furnitures like.. a fancy couch, a wooden bed with elegant silk sheets. If you know what I'm saying. And also clothing.



These are what I've learned:



Describing house furnitures:

She followed him into the spotless, ultra-modern kitchen. There was a stainless-steel center island for cooking, a restaurant quality double oven against one wall, and a red Swedish table and matching chairs that could have fit easily in the design wing of The Museum Of Modern Art. For once, none of the household staff was lurking.



Describing clothing:

I decked out in a little Dolce %26amp; Gabbana silver and gold lame dress, which seems awfully fancy for a late-morning shopping trip. But I managed to dress it down with opaque black tights, casual ballet flats and chunky gold jewelry.



Yeah, I read those on a book. And I really need more help. Maybe a book tutorial could help my writing to be more detailed.Books on helping how to describe houses, physical appearance and etc.?
I don't know if you read this book, I was able to borrow it from my library, but it has exercises included that really get you in a descriptive rhythm (not too much and not too little).Books on helping how to describe houses, physical appearance and etc.?
I don't know of any books out there that helps with this.... It comes more from learning two things.



One, how to describe something simply enough, but well enough to suggest a picture in the readers mind. And two, to relate that description to an experience most readers can relate to.



A good description isn't about giving every minute detail to ';paint'; a complete picture. All it really requires is to suggest enough information that the reader can get the idea and their own imagination will fill in the blanks.



I'm not sure I could tell you the difference between a ';Colonial'; style house vs. a ';Tudor';. But, I have seen enough different styles of houses that if someone describes the characteristics just enough of either style, a mental picture of it would form in my mind.



And in reference to the examples you offered.... The parts about ';ultra-modern kitchen'; and ';little'; ';silver and gold lame dress'; offers me a better mental picture than the parts about ';red Swedish table'; or ';Dolce %26amp; Gabbana';.



Hope that helps.

1 comment:

mahdeepagination said...

Pincode pincode pincode pincode pincode pincode
pincode pincode titanium ring for men pincode samsung galaxy watch 3 titanium pincode titanium melting point pincode pincode pincode pincode pincode babyliss titanium flat iron pincode pincode pincode.png. titanium white

Post a Comment