Friday, November 12, 2010

How do you cook toast?

To whom it may concern,



I have a women who would normally take care of such things but she has taken a leave of absence from my residence to take care of some family matters and I am afraid I have been left to my own devices in regards to the matter of sustenance.



I have been trying to cook myself some toast and I am frightfully embarrassed to admit that I have not met with much success!



My other servant, the young Mr Leroy Jackson (colored) has also been called away on a personal matter and I have managed to make use of his typing computer and wondered if perhaps I could find assistance via this MyFace system.



And now to the question at hand... how does one cook toast?



I have found my way to one of my kitchens, and now finding myself lost in a sea of stainless steel and marble I am not entirely sure what to do now.



Would some kind fellow be gracious enough to post directions I might use?



I thank you for your time and consideration.



Cordially yours,



Maximilien V. Cuthbertson IIHow do you cook toast?
my dear mr. Cuthbertson ll



after perusing your missive and considering your seemingly dire prediciment concerning the manufacturing of reasonable human sustanance especially in the matter of creating a product of heating and toasting a morsul or two of the finest bread that is available to you. the product of which you call 'toast' can be produced to one of two methods.



if you are at all acquainted with a more modern convience called (by the masses) a toaster (an electronic device in which one places a sliced portion of above mentioned bread into one of two or four slots at the top of the device. a lever is then depressed and the bread is lowered into the device. heating coils usually appear which causing the browning and drying of the afore mentioned slice. at a point in time, apparently determined by the device itself or perhaps some other criteria not understood by modern man (this is of course the domain of the women of the house and is usually of no interest or concern of any of the otherwise occupied men in residence.



if however you have inspected each of your kitchens, and having found none of the devices mentioned, we will devulge a second method. if you look around one of the kitchens you might find a 'stove' (once again a woman's responsibility, obviously). you will recognize it by being sbout waist high. there is a door in the front which concealls an empty space called an 'oven'. find a large flat tray and place near the bread. turn on the oven. find the butter. usually in the shelves near the oven. coat each slice of bread with the butter. place on the tray, place in the oven and inspect the proess of the heating bread from time to time rememering to turn the toast over in the midst of cooking.



in the unlikly event that you can find neither of these devices you might consider consuming the bread in the physical state it was found in,How do you cook toast?
On your marble benches you should find a white, or sometimes silver, squarish implement with two or more rectangular holes in the top. Known as a toaster, you get the desired number of slices of bread you would like and put one piece of bread per slot in the toaster. Turn the power on, push the lever down, wait until the toast pops back up, and there you go, you have toast.
um ok you put a piece of bread in a toaster and push down this one lever thing and put it on toast the little turn thing it should have a picture of a piece of bread than you wait a little bit and it pops up by it self and there you go....lol
Dear Max, get a piece of bread, hold it in your hand and stick your finger in a light socket, Thanks for the laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment